24. Borso d'Este
The first Duke of Ferrara, an example of a liberal Renaissance prince, was the Charterhouse’s sponsor and patron, and promoted its construction. It was his wish to be entombed there, with a solemn funerary monument. Prior to the demolition (in 1815), the tomb was originally located in the corner between the Church and the First Grand Cloister; today it’s located in the central exedra of the First Grand Cloister itself.