Join the best and most interesting cemeteries of Europe
Cemeteries route consists of members which are interesting for their cultural heritage in local, regional and european level. Yet it is important that a cemetery is not just interesting, but that the managers keep preserving and working with this heritage.
Therefore to become a member is not just recognition and rights, but as well participation in common activities and projects.
1. Have your cemetery recognized as Significant cemetery
To become part of Cemetery route, cemetery has to be recognized as Significant cemetery of Europe by Association of Significant Cemeteries in Europe. Join ASCE and propose your cemetery if your cemetery is not already having this status.
2. Add your cemetery to Cemetery route
After your cemetery is recognized by ASCE, you can fill out this form and send it to admin (at) significantcemeteries.org together with other materials mentioned in the form.
3. Annual membership fee
Cemetery route is managed by ASCE and many activities are being performed during the year:
- promotion of the route through internet communications (website, social media, mailings, other channels)
- preparing and designing common marketing materials (flyers, leaflets, posters, brochures, postcards)
- participation and promotion at tourism fairs
- cooperation with European Institute of cultural routes and managing activities to have cemeteries route listed as Cultural route of Europe
- working and implementing modern communication and cooperation tools like mobile guide
- preparing common projects and activities for members
- working with scientific committee to establish new subroutes and research activities for enriched experience of visitors
For all these activities annual membership is implemented and is divided into 2 segments (mandatory, optional):
Annual membership fee: 150€ per year
- use Cemeteries route insignia and marketing materials
- listed at website and all Cemeteries route materials
- add up to 5 points of interest (POI) in the cemetery per year to the website (and other materials)
- get and exchange know-how about cultural and cemetery tourism with other professionals
- use common photos and other artistic materials at your cemetery
- Community user account for ARTour mobile learning platform to create your own routes on cemetery (in value of 299€)
- Include member in future common (and EU) projects