Fallen soldiers 1914 -1918
During the First World War (1914 - 1918), around thousand Austro-Hungarian soldiers, who fell in Maribor, were buried in Pobrežje cemetery.
In the beginning of the 30s of the 20th century, the soldiers‘ graves were digged up and 970 remains of the soldiers (928 with names and surnames, 42 unknown) were transferred to the joint grave, set up between 1932 and 1937. In the grave soldiers of numerous Austro-Hungarian regiments and all types of armies - infantry, cavalry, artillery, aviation and navy - are buried. Among them there are almost all Austro-Hungarian nations: Austrians, Bosniaks, Czech, Montenegrins, Croats, Italians, Hungarians, Poles, Romanians, Slovaks, Slovenians, Serbs, Ukrainians and Germans.
Apart from that the Remains of the war prisoners of the former Russian Empire, Kingdom of Serbia and Kingdom of the Italy, who died between the years 1914 - 1918 during the construction of hydroelectric power plant Fala and were buried at Pobrežje cemetery were transferred from the prisoner-of-war camp Šterntal near Kidričevo to the grave.
The mortal remains of 119 Italian war prisoners were transferred to the grave in Ljubljana in 1933. Among the prisoners of the Russian Empire army buried at Pobrežje cemetery are soldiers from Russia, Ukraine, Estonia, Lithuania, Belarus,Poland and Moldavia.