In order to transfer experience and know-how and promote best practice we have started a project Schools on cemeteries.
In order to transfer experience and know-how and promote best practice we have started a project Schools on cemeteries
Developing official programme is one of our goals in the project and we are keen on seing your proposals. To get you started before the official programme is finished, here are some general guidelines to follow:
Promoting values of Cultural routes
European Cemeteries route is labeled as Cultural route of Europe by European Institute of Cultural routes. It is thus important that schools programmes promote values of Cultural routes:
- Human rights
- Cultural democracy and diversity
- Mutual understanding and exchanges across boundaries
Promoting European Cemeteries Route and ASCE
Besides local cemetery children should learn about the diversity of cemeteries in Europe. It is therefore important in the progammes to present European Cemeteries Route and ASCE at least by following content:
- notable presence of logos in presentations and other materials
- photos of various cemeteries around Europe
- a fact or a story from other European cemetery, member of European Cemeteries Route
Send us your programme for schools on cemeteries as an example of good practice and help us develop the official programme. You`ll find our contact information HERE.