Sculptor C. Rubatto 1852
The widow of David Sibilla, experienced man in commercial law, commissioned the monument from the sculptor Carlo Rubatto. It had to be an eternal witness of the profound bonds that had united her with her husband and, at the same time, it had to keep alive the memory of the important social role carried out by her consort.
The artist designed an imposing tomb, composed of a high plinth, surmounted by a cylindrical pedestal upon which he placed the statue of a crying female figure, kneeling to lay down a linden wreath, symbol of conjugal love. On the base he sculptured a book, a caduceus and a sword, which were symbols connected with the profession of the deceased. Two crying genii, flanking the high pedestal, completed the monument.