Frassetto Crypt, 1950
Carducci field, Outer canal wall
The tomb is dedicated to Fabio Frassetto (1876-1933), professor of anthropology at the University of Bologna, and his son Flavio (1912-1945), who died during World War II.
The two, lying in front of each other in an intense and silent conversation as if on a classical triclinium, bear in their clothing and their hands the distinctive marks of their respective professions: the toga and a skull for the father and the uniform and baton of a cavalry captain for the son. As with the nearby Gnudi tomb, Farpi Vignoli (1907-1997) here represents a classic theme reinvented in a modern and original key.